This webinar has expired.
Managing Anxiety at School and Home
An Active Approach to Interrupt the Worry Cycle
12 Hour Online Training for Professionals and Parents (Six 2 hour sessions)
Available until September 2017
Two-hour sessions for six weeks, with the opportunity to submit questions week-by-week and watch each broadcast when convenient for your learning.
When children and teens are in the grips of worry and anxiety, adults often feel stuck as well. Educators, therapists and parents routinely tell me how overwhelmed they feel by the frequency and intensity of anxiety in the children they care about. And they want to know what to do.
What you will learn to manage anxiety in children and families:
- How do we get anxious students into school?
- What do we do when an anxious child is falling apart in school?
- What can adults do to both prevent anxiety from becoming so powerful and help children manage it when it does show up?
- Why are the strategies frequently taught to kids–like breathing, relaxation, and other common CBT techniques—not working?
- How does “frontloading” with anxious kids make interventions more effective?
- How can we create more effective accommodations and 504 plans?
- What is the connection between anxiety and depression?
- What do parents, schools, and health professionals need to know about recognizing and treating OCD?
This program is approved for 12 CEU’s which are provided by R Cassidy Seminars after the completion of a quiz (75% score required). An optional link to register for the CEU program will be provided by email to all registrants. The fee for the 12 CEU program is $40.
Getting Out of the Anxiety Cult
The Three Critical Concepts of a Process-Based Approach to Anxiety
Don’t Do the Disorder: Common Interventions that Anxiety Loves
Getting Kids to Buy In: Frontloading, Planning, and Practice
The Importance of Process
Playing the Game of Action over Avoidance: Interventions that Move Toward Worry
When Worry Shows Up at School (School Refusal, Spotty Attendance, Staying in the Classroom)
Collaboration with School, Parents & Outside Providers
Effective 504 and Behavioral Plans
Dealing with Somatic Symptoms
The Trouble with “Calming Down”
Answering Questions, Tying It Together
How it all works:
- The webinar videos are hosted by Gumroad. After you purchase the webinar, you will have access to all videos and handouts. (Look for GUMROAD and the $267 charge on your credit card. The charge will not show my name.)
- You may watch each installment whenever you like. Your purchase of the webinar allows you access to the videos until September 30, 2017.